Chief: Northbrook house fire possibly sparked by light bulb
Updated: September 24, 2012 6:52AM
Northbrook firefighters put out a fire Aug. 14 in two-story home on the 1000 Block of Antique Lane that resulted in about $175,000 damage.
“The fire is still under investigation, but we believe it was started by an light bulb in a closet that was too close to combustibles,” said Northbrook Fire Chief Mark Nolan.
Responding units confronted heavy smoke billowing from the front of the structure about 10:00 a.m. and soon located a fire on the first floor, he added.
The resident, who escaped the fire without injury and with his dog and told firefighters that he became aware of the blaze after a smoke detector sounded.
Northbrook was assisted by fire departments from Deerfield, Highland Park and Lincolnshire through mutual aid. ~.